Events and WebinarsIn This Section
Mark your calendar! The League of American Orchestras offers regular events and webinars on a variety of timely topics that are relevant to orchestra administrators, board members, volunteers, and musicians. The presenters are thought leaders from the orchestra field and beyond, and the programs offer opportunities to learn from and share common problems and concerns with peers. Our National Conference is the annual capstone, engaging the full breadth of thousands of American orchestra professionals, volunteers and other participants from across the world.
Many of our online events are recorded for on-demand viewing at your convenience, and all events and webinars are either free or discounted for members.
Are there topics that you think the League of American Orchestras should address in its bi-monthly webinars and online Conference, June 7-17, 2021? Presenters who you think would be valuable assets to the work of orchestras? Which issues do you find most interesting, pressing, and important these days? We want your ideas!
Please use this online form to submit a mini-proposal. The deadline and notification dates are rolling, and the process will be highly competitive; only a small number of proposals can be accepted.
- 2021 Online National Conference, June 7-17
- COVID-19 Relief: Ongoing 2021 Opportunities, June 23
- 2022 National Conference, Los Angeles, June 1-3
- 2023 National Conference, Pittsburgh
This time we have been living through has made extraordinary demands on our members, as both orchestra musicians and staff experience painful layoffs and salary cuts. Like many of you, the League of American Orchestras has also been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. We have made the following decisions about upcoming League programming:
- All League program activity during the 20-21 season will be delivered online.
- The National Conference which was to have taken place in Pittsburgh will also be delivered online in June of 2021.
- The Midwinter Managers Meeting will be held online.
- We will ramp up the volume, frequency, and variety of digital content, including peer group meetings, to meet the high demand evidenced in the Conference.
- Select program activity that is dependent on live engagement will be deferred until the 2021-2022 season including the National Conductor Preview, Essentials of Orchestra Management, and the Emerging Leaders Program.
We will be telling you more about the coming season as it becomes available. Till then thank you for your dedication to orchestras and your continuing engagement with the League and our community.
Banner: Knoxville Symphony Orchestra musicians. Photo: Eric Smith & Bill Foster