Open to League orchestra member Executive Directors and Youth Orchestra Administrators
Your leadership is more critical now than ever!
This January, join us online for two days of professional development and peer connection, as we take a deep dive into what it means to lead in a time of rapid change. You’ll hear from an inspiring keynote speaker, interact with other CEOs in your budget group, and examine the role you play in key aspects of your orchestra’s operations.
The opening session, sponsored by Threshold Acoustics, features Harvard Business School professor Nancy F. Koehn, whose latest book, Forged in Crisis: The Power of Courageous Leadership in Turbulent Times, spotlights how five of history’s greatest leaders managed crisis and, in doing so, accomplished extraordinary missions.
- Leadership and Audience Building, facilitated by David Snead, Handel & Haydn Society, with Kim Noltemy, Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- Leadership and Fundraising, facilitated by Giuliano Kornberg, Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera, with Catherine Heitz New, RSC Fundraising
- Leadership and the Digital Future, facilitated by Jessica Satava, Johnstown Symphony Orchestra, with Oliver Theil, San Francisco Symphony
- Leadership and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, facilitated by Karina Bharne, Symphony Tacoma, with McKensie Mack, CEO of MMG
- Leadership and Financial Planning, facilitated by Jeff Alexander, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Group 1 (shared in League360 group)
- Group 2 (shared in League360 group)
- Groups 3-4 (PDF)
- Groups 5-6 (PDF)
- Groups 7-8 (PDF)
- Youth Orchestra Division (PDF)
Midwinter Seminar Update: Due to a family emergency, Kiran Singh Sirah is no longer available for the post-meeting seminar. We will refund anyone who has already paid for this event and will be in touch with you in the future when we have confirmed a new date and time.
Who Should Attend?
Opening Session: Courageous Leadership with Nancy F. Koehn
Innovation Session: Executive Leadership as a Catalyst to Understanding and Motivating Major Donors
About the Speakers
The Midwinter Managers Meeting Opening Session has been graciously sponsored by Threshold Acoustics.
The session on Executive Leadership as a Catalyst to Understanding and Motivating Major Donors has been graciously sponsored by Arts Consulting Group.
Additional generous support for Midwinter provided by Boomerang Carnets | CIB.