Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Artistic Planning
by Theodore Wiprud, with Karen Yair, Kerrien Suarez, and Patrick Castillo
This Catalyst Guide lays out actionable strategies for orchestras seeking to diversify the repertoire they present, drawing on interviews with orchestras of all budget sizes (including orchestra grantees of the League’s Catalyst Fund Pilot and Incubator programs). Read online or download the PDF to learn about these member orchestras’ experiences of building programming, relationships, and partnerships; of learning to engage audiences in the stories surrounding the works; and of overcoming obstacles both within and beyond their own organizations.
- Foreword from Contributing Author Kerrien Suarez
- Foreword from Contributing Author Patrick Castillo
- Chapter 1: Why Bring an Equity Lens to Artistic Planning?
- Chapter 2: Strategies to Achieve More Inclusive Programming (Part 1)
- Chapter 2: Strategies to Achieve More Inclusive Programming (Part 2)
- Chapter 3: Overcoming Challenges
- Chapter 4: Factors for Success
- Conclusion: The Path Ahead
- Footnotes, Catalyst Resources from the League, About the Lead Author, and Acknowledgements