Jobs Available at the League
League of American Orchestras Equity Fellowship Program
The League of American Orchestras is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for two positions in our Equity Fellowship Program for an Equity Fellow in Arts Journalism and an Equity Fellow in Learning and Leadership. The League of American Orchestras Equity Fellowship Program is made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Applications are due Friday, April 5, 2019. The fellowships, which are for the period of April 2019 through November 2019, include an hourly wage of $20 and a monthly MTA unlimited ride card for the duration of the fellowship.
The League seeks two candidates from diverse communities underrepresented in classical music to participate in this intensive career development program for 15 hours (flexible scheduling) per week over a period of eight months. The two fellows must reside in New York state and have a New York state address at the time of application. They must also be either currently enrolled in or recently matriculated from a graduate music, arts administration, or journalism program. The fellows will work closely with key League staff as either an
- Equity Fellow in Arts Journalism (collaborating with Symphony magazine editorial staff) or an
- Equity Fellow in Learning and Leadership (collaborating with Knowledge, Learning, and Leadership department staff)
Over the duration of the program, fellows will also participate in mentoring and engagement with arts leaders at prominent U.S. orchestras, engage in extensive personal reflection, and experience high-level professional development through participation in some of the League’s flagship educational programs. Additionally, Equity Fellows will expand their professional networks through facilitated interviews and shadowing experiences, thus gaining key insights into the field of American orchestras.
In addition to their shared curriculum of mentoring and professional development, each fellow will have specific and individual work related to their fellowship title.
- The Fellow for Equity in Arts Journalism will assist the Symphony team with preparation, content, and support for the quarterly magazine and daily Hub website and will also have a capstone project connected to the League’s equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) work nationally.
- The Fellow for Equity in Learning and Leadership will work with League staff to assist with the creation, planning, and execution of general content for the League’s National conference, culminating with a capstone project connected with the League’s work in EDI at the national level.
- These capstone projects will be designed in close collaboration between the fellows and League staff.
Interested applicants should email the following information combined into one document, in PDF form:
- Cover letter stating why you are interested in the Equity Fellow in Arts Journalism or Equity Fellow in Learning and Leadership position
- Resume, 2 pages maximum. (must include 3 professional references with email addresses and phone numbers)
Applications are due by 11:59pm on Friday, April 5, 2019.