Jobs Available at the League
Thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with the League of American Orchestras. These are the positions available at the League:
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the League’s President/CEO and serves as secretary and primary contact to its Board of Directors. S/he manages the work flow of the executive office and also handles special projects as required by the President/CEO.
Executive Office Management:
- Support the President and CEO in all administrative and clerical areas
- Manage executive office calendar, including regular scheduling of internal and external meetings and conference calls, and minute taking, as required
- Compile and circulate agendas for meetings and calls.
- Prepare, edit, and draft correspondence for the President/CEO
- Coordinate information and paper flow with development office regarding donor meetings, phone calls and/or correspondence
- Plan President’s travel arrangements, itineraries
- Review and route President’s incoming mail
- Provide administrative support League staff at annual national conference, including sponsorships and annual meeting
- Retain executive office files
- Prepare and submits expense reports
- Monitor budget for executive office
- Work collaboratively with members of all departments.
- Other duties as assigned
Secretary to the League Board of Directors:
- Serve as primary contact for all Board member communications and needs
- Plan, manage and coordinate all meetings of the full board, Executive Committee and other committees in collaboration with the CEO and Board Chair, including catering and events, reserving seats for concerts, distributing meeting materials, and processing invoices in a timely manner
- Organize and implement orientation for new board members
- Staff and take minutes at all board and Executive Committee meetings. Maintain all board records, current and past.
- Update and distribute board and committee rosters
- Administer board travel fund and track expenses.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Skills and Qualifications:
BA and at least five years of executive assistant experience required; interest in the arts and knowledge of music preferred but not required. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally on the phone, by email and in person with all levels of donors, members, staff, and the general public. S/he must have excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail as well as ability to demonstrate initiative within the responsibilities defined by the President and CEO. Flexibility and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong work ethic and service mentality. Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.