Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (aka Save Our Stages)In This Section
The Small Business Administration will implement a new $16.25 billion grant program to support for “shuttered venue operators” and is still in the process of finalizing the details of eligibility requirements.
Timing for opening the application process is uncertain, and the SBA is posting preliminary information, subject to change in response to stakeholder feedback, on their Shuttered Venue Operators Grants (SVOG) web page. SBA will not write a rulemaking on the program, opting for less formal guidance for applicants.
While complete guidance on implementation of the program is not available, SBA will provide further web updates and video guides about the grants, who can apply, how potential organizations can prepare, and additional details regarding eligibility and applications.
**NOTE: The Small Business Administration Administration fully launched the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) portal on MONDAY, April 26 at 12:00 p.m. noon Eastern and the portal remains open to new applications. The SBA has confirmed that applicants in the 14-day Priority One grant category (those that have experienced a 90% or greater gross revenue loss) have begun receiving award announcements this week. The agency anticipates that the 14-day Priority Two grant award announcements will begin on June 10 (for applicants with a 70% or greater gross revenue loss), and the remaining grants will then be announced for eligible non-priority applicants, starting on Friday, June 25.
In written Congressional testimony SBA Administrator Isabel Guzman states that as of May 24, the SVOG program has received 12,841 applications for $11 billion in requested funds.
- SBA webpage on Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
- Shuttered Venue Program Report (Updated frequently)
- Grant Award List (updated weekly)
- Shuttered Venue Awardee FAQ (Effective 5/26/21)
- Post-Application FAQ for SVOG (Updated 5/26/21)
- SVOG Form 4506T and accompanying info (Effective 5/11/21)
- SBA Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Application FAQ (Updated 4/23/21)
- SVOG Application User Guide (Updated 4/23/21)
- Preliminary application checklist (Updated 4/23/21)
- Application Form 3515 (as revised 4/22/21)
- SBA Cross-Program Eligibility Chart
- SBA webinar on the SVOG application process from March 30, 2021. The League has provided highlights summarizing the webinar
- Email questions to SVOGrant@sba.gov (Please include topic in the subject line. Note that as of February 1, SBA has received more than 7,500 emails. This portal helps track priority areas of concern, but emails may not be answered directly).
- Call Center: For Shuttered Venue Operators Grant application portal technical assistance such as a password reset, browser suggestions, or how to use the multi-factor authentication with an app and the QR code, applicants can call 800-659-2955 or, people who are deaf or hard-of-hearing can call 800-877-8339 and follow the prompts to SVOG assistance.
Priority period and non-priority reserve
In This Section
- Federal Assistance
- Paycheck Protection Program and Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Retention Credits
- Families First Paid Leave Provisions
- Pandemic Unemployment Benefits, Including Self-Employed individuals
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Relief and Loan Advance
- Relief for Nonprofits Self-Insuring Unemployment Benefits
- International Artists/Visas
- New Charitable Giving Incentives
- National Endowment for the Arts Funding