Student MembershipsIn This Section
Founded in 1942, the League of American Orchestras champions the vitality of music and the orchestral experience, supports the orchestra community, and leads change boldly. Join the League to become an orchestra insider and make personal connections in this national network of 1,600 organizations and individuals.
Student membership is best suited for those who are currently enrolled in college (including both undergraduate and advanced degree programs) and is also open to those who recently graduated (2022 or later).
Please address questions about League membership to 646 822 4010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Membership – Free
Full- or part-time students and recent graduates receive all the benefits of Individual Membership at no fee.
As a Student Member of the League, you gain access to the following programs and services:
- Free early bird registration* for the League’s National Conference in June.
- Member savings on all events, including webinars and seminars.
- Meet online throughout the year on topics specially tailored to students.
- League360 online member forums, including a group just for student members of the League.
- Bi-weekly roundup of orchestra news from Symphony.
- Part of a League member organization? Upgrade your inherited benefits with a 50% discount on a Professional Membership. Discount is automatically applied if you’re logged in.
*Free registration is limited and first-come, first-served until the Early Bird Deadline of May 2, 2024. After we run out of free registrations, students can attend at the deeply discounted rate of $200.
Student Professional Membership – $80
If you are interested in developing your career in the orchestra field, Student Professional Membership is designed for you. You will receive all of the benefits of Student Membership plus:
- Access to the League’s Job Listings web site with listings of available employment positions. You can post your resume where it is available to member orchestras looking for new employees. You will also be notified by e-mail when new listings are posted.
- A copy of the annual print edition of Symphony magazine.
Banner: American Youth Symphony performing at UCLA’s Royce Hall in October 2019. Photo: Philip Holahan