NEA Grants FY22 Application DeadlinesIn This Section
The National Endowment for the Arts has posted answers to Frequently Asked Questions relating to COVID-19.
The NEA has set the deadlines for FY22 Grants for Arts Projects, the Endowment’s major support category for organizations for projects anticipated to take place beginning in 2022. The deadline and guidelines for Challenge America are expected to be posted in January.
- Grants for Arts Projects, Part 1: February 11, 2021
- Grants for Arts Projects, Part 2: July 8, 2021
- Challenge America Fast-Track: April 22, 2021
Orchestras can also explore funding via the NEA’s Our Town program, which supports projects that integrate arts, culture, and design activities. Matching grants for creative placemaking projects range from $25,000 to $200,000. The application deadline is typically in August for projects that start on or after July 1 of the following year. The FY22 deadline for Our Town has not yet been announced.
- Research Grants in the Arts funds research that investigates the value and/or impact of the arts, either as individual components of the U.S. arts ecology or as they interact with each other and/or with other domains of American life. Matching/cost share grants of $10,000 to $100,000 will be awarded.
- NEA Research Labs funds transdisciplinary research teams grounded in the social and behavioral sciences, yielding empirical insights about the arts for the benefit of arts and non-arts sectors alike. Matching/cost share cooperative agreements of up to $150,000 will be awarded.
The deadline to submit Part 1 to Grants.gov is typically in March, but has not yet been announced for FY22. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.