NEA Grant Application DeadlinesIn This Section
The National Endowment for the Arts has posted answers to Frequently Asked Questions relating to COVID-19.
The NEA has set the deadlines for FY24 Grants for Arts Projects, the Endowment’s major support category for organizations for projects anticipated to take place beginning in 2024.
- Grants for Arts Projects, Part 1: February 9, 2023
- Grants for Arts Projects, Part 2: July 6, 2023
- Challenge America Fast-Track: April 27, 2023
Orchestras can also explore funding via the NEA’s Our Town program, which supports projects that integrate arts, culture, and design activities. Matching grants for creative placemaking projects range from $25,000 to $200,000. The next deadline for organizations interested in applying for Our Town is August 4, 2022. More information is available on the NEA’s website.
- Research Grants in the Arts funds research that investigates the value and/or impact of the arts, either as individual components of the U.S. arts ecology or as they interact with each other and/or with other domains of American life. Matching/cost share grants of $10,000 to $100,000 will be awarded.
- NEA Research Labs funds transdisciplinary research teams grounded in the social and behavioral sciences, yielding empirical insights about the arts for the benefit of arts and non-arts sectors alike. Matching/cost share cooperative agreements of up to $150,000 will be awarded.
The deadline for both grant categories is Monday, March 28, 2022. Updated guidelines for the next round of grant applications are expected in Winter 2023. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.