Coronavirus Safety ProtocolsIn This Section
Federal agencies have prepared COVID-19 guidance specifically for employers, community-based organizations, and hosts of large gatherings. Some resources are in the form of recommendations, while others are shaped as mandatory rules.
The League informs orchestras of these developments and has issued a September 2021 Health and Safety Policies and Planning Survey Report offering a snapshot of vaccination, testing, and masking requirements that orchestras have in place for musicians, staff, and audiences.
Following is a collection of guidance:
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Labor, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) have issued details of the legal requirements for employers, which continue to evolve during the course of the pandemic.
- EEOC Overview of COVID-19 Laws
- Department of Labor COVID-19 Overview
- OSHA Overview of Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard
- Biden Administration Path Out of the Pandemic Plan
The Biden-Harris Administration is distributing free COVID-19 Rapid Tests to households, will soon be distributing N-95 masks to the public via pharmacies and community health centers, and is setting in place new requirements for insurance coverage of at-home rapid tests.
- U.S. Government Website for Ordering Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
- Federal FAQ on Insurance Coverage for At-Home Rapid Tests
- N95 Mask Distribution to begin as CDC Updates Mask Guidance
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issues guidance to help businesses and employers contain the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) within the United States.
- CDC Overview of COVID-19 Resources
- Guidance for Employers, Business Owners and Community Leaders
- How to Engage the Arts to Build COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence
- Engaging Arts and Culture for Vaccine Confidence: A Guide for A Guide for Building Programs and Creative Campaigns
- Engaging Arts and Culture for Vaccine Confidence: Quick Start Guide for Building Sustainable Partnerships
The World Health Organization (WHO) maintains updated guidance on mass gatherings, situation reports, and global research.
Become a member
Thank you for your interest in the League of American Orchestras! We are dedicated to advancing the orchestral experience for all.Join Now