The NEA has set the deadlines for FY20 Grants for Arts Projects, the Endowment's major support category for organizations for projects anticipated to take place beginning in 2020. As a reminder, the Access to Artistic Excellence and Learning in the Arts for Children and Youth categories have been replaced with the funding category called Art Works, with outcomes of Creation, Engagement, Livability, and Learning.
- Art Works, Part 1: February 14, 2019
- Art Works, Part 2: July 11, 2019
- Challenge America Fast-Track: April 11, 2019
The NEA has released guidelines and application materials in the Apply for a Grant section of its website. The League offers guidance specific to orchestras on our Tips for your application page and the NEA has posted complete guidelines online.
Orchestras can also explore funding via the NEA's Our Town program, which supports projects that integrate arts, culture, and design activities. Matching grants for creative placemaking projects range from $25,000 to $200,000. The application deadline is August 9, 2018 for projects that start on or after July 1, 2019. Check out the new guidelines online.
NEA Research: Art Works grants support research that investigates the value and/or impact of the arts. This year, the NEA offers research support in two areas:
- Track One: Value and Impact research projects aim to examine the value and/or impact of the arts in any topic area(s) by using data and methods appropriate to the proposed research questions. Matching grants range from $10,000-$30,000.
- Track Two: Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Designs research projects aim to test the causal or inferred-causal impact of the arts on individual or cohort outcomes by using experimental or quasi-experimental design methods appropriate to the proposed research questions. Matching grants range from $30,000-$100,000.