The NEA has set the deadlines for FY18 Grants for Arts Projects, the Endowment's major support category for organizations for projects anticipated to take place beginning in 2017. As a reminder, the Access to Artistic Excellence and Learning in the Arts for Children and Youth categories have been replaced with the funding category called Art Works, with outcomes of Creation, Engagement, Livability, and Learning.
- Art Works, Part 1: February 16, 2017
- Art Works, Part 2: July 13, 2017
- Art Works: Creativity Connects: May 4, 2017
- Challenge America Fast-Track: April 13, 2017
The NEA has released guidelines and application materials in the Apply for a Grant section of its website. The League offers guidance specific to orchestras on our Tips for your application page (to be updated when new guidelines are posted) and the NEA has posted complete guidelines online.
Orchestras had two additional opportunities to explore Our Town funding, which supports 1) Arts Engagement, Cultural Planning, and Design Projects that represent the distinct character and quality of their communities; and 2) Projects that Build Knowledge About Creative Placemaking. Grants will range from $25,000 to $200,000, with applications having been due September 12, 2016. Updated guidelines and further program descriptions are available online.
NEA Research: Art Works grants support research that investigates the value and/or impact of the arts. This year, the NEA offers research support in two areas:
- Track One: Value and Impact research projects aim to examine the value and/or impact of the arts in any topic area(s) by using data and methods appropriate to the proposed research questions. Matching grants range from $10,000-$30,000.
- Track Two: Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Designs research projects aim to test the causal or inferred-causal impact of the arts on individual or cohort outcomes by using experimental or quasi-experimental design methods appropriate to the proposed research questions. Matching grants range from $30,000-$100,000.