Emerging Composers Listing
For the first time, Symphony magazine's Winter Issue, which debuts on January 15, 2019, will feature Emerging Composers Listings. These listings will highlight the composer talent within our membership.
The listings are open to those composers who meet the following criteria:
- A composer who is not regularly performed and commissioned by professional American orchestras.
- At least one full orchestra performance by an orchestra outside academia. This includes community and youth orchestras, but not reading sessions.
- Must demonstrate continued professional composing experience two years' post academic studies, as evidenced by performances, commissions, and awards.
- Must be an Individual League Member, or the composer's representative publisher or artist manager must be a League Business Partner, in good standing.
- Must be a registered member of ASCAP or BMI.
- Must live and work in the United States.
- May be represented by a publisher or management company.
- Open to all composers regardless of age, if all other criteria have been met.
Emerging Composer Listings are priced at $150 for an individual listing, and will include a headshot, a 30-word description, composer/publisher or artist management website, and contact phone number.
The Emerging Composers Listings will co-exist with Symphony's existing list of emerging instrumentalists, conductors, and ensembles. In addition, the Winter Issue of the magazine is also used as a year-round resource for orchestra professionals, as it contains the League's annual directory of member orchestras and Business Partners.
For those wishing to participate, please fill out the attached Emerging Composers form.
This form is due no later than November 9, 2018.