Electronic Media Resources
To understand the latest electronic media related terminology, take at look at these websites:
- What is Digital Music? - digital music definition.
- HP Digital Music Glossary provides another listing.
Books of Interest
There are two source books with a great deal of information about the music business and the licensing of music for use in electronic media.
This Business of Music: The Definitive Guide to the Music Industry, by William Krasilovsky and Sydney Shemel with contributions by John M. Gross, published by Billboard Books
Kohn on Music Licensing, by Al Kohn and Bob Cohn, published by Aspen Law and Business
Comes with a CD –ROM that provides over 60 model contract downloadable forms
Related Articles of Interest
- Chasing the Long Tail in the Performing Arts, by Joseph H. Kluger, an article that summarizes the rationale for making electronic media a core part of an arts organization’s activities.
- The Last Word on DRM, by Joseph H. Kluger, an article that discusses the pros and cons of using digital rights management to technology to protect unauthorized copying of content.
- Taking the Ostrich’s Head Out of the Sand, by Louis M. Solomon and William M. Hart, an article that discusses some of the legal issues relating to YouTube.
A partial list of electronic media service providers