Welcome to the League, dedicated to helping orchestras meet the challenges of the 21st century.
As local partners in music education, orchestras advocate for all students to have access to a complete arts education in the schools. At the federal level, orchestras are seeking increased funding for arts education and better data collection at the U.S. Department of Education. Orchestras are also weighing in as Congress rewrites the No Child Left Behind Act, the bill that determines how the U.S. Department of Education supports our nation’s schools, students, and communities.
Contacting Congress is simple and will make a difference. We have prepared two advocacy campaigns with essential background, talking points, and a template letter for you to personalize your communication with policymakers. Please note that identical copies of your letter will go to both of your Senators and your Representative.
TAKE ACTION: MUSIC EDUCATION
Strengthen Arts Education in the Implementation of the Every Student Succeeds Act
Support Arts Education Funding at the U.S. Department of Education
- League comments to U.S. Department of Education regarding non-regulatory ESSA guidance (May 25, 2016)
- League Joins Call for Full Funding of Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants (March 17, 2016)
- League and Performing Arts Alliance Urge US Dept of Ed to Support Arts Ed in High Poverty Schools - January 21, 2016
- League urges US Dept of Ed to support arts in high-poverty schools – January 11, 2016
- League Spearheads Letter to Congressional Education Committee Leaders Urging Support for Arts in Education in ESEA – September 15, 2015
- League Urges Senate Committee to Strengthen Arts Education in Rewrite of Education Law - February 2, 2015
- League and PAA Applaud House Arts Ed Provisions
- Unified Statement Calls for Improved Federal Commitment to Arts Education
- Arts Community Advances ESEA Legislative Recommendations
- Arts in Education Funding History
- USED Promotes 10 Years of AIE Grants
- League Joins Consensus Recommendations for College, Career and Citizenship Readiness
- League Delivers Policy Recommendations at U.S. Department of Education Forum
- League Submits Comments on "Investing in Innovation Fund" Guidelines
- League Joins Comments on "Race to the Top" Guidelines
- Secretary Duncan Issues Arts Education Statement
- Nation's Arts Report Card Released