Jobs available at the League
Thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with the League of American Orchestras.
The League of American Orchestras (americanorchestras.org) leads, supports, and champions America’s orchestras and the vitality of the music they perform. Founded in 1942 and chartered by Congress in 1962, the League links a national network of thousands of instrumentalists, conductors, managers and administrators, board members, volunteers, and business partners. Its diverse membership of 800 orchestras across North America runs the gamut from world-renowned symphonies to community groups, from summer festivals to student and youth ensembles. The only national organization dedicated solely to the orchestral experience, the League is a nexus of knowledge and innovation, advocacy, and leadership advancement for managers, musicians, volunteers, and boards. Its conferences and events, award-winning Symphony magazine, website, and other publications inform music lovers around the world about orchestral activity and developments.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing, working closely with the marketing and member services team and other staff. S/he is responsible for helping manage the League branding and marketing efforts.
- Work with director of marketing to build awareness within our membership of the League’s programs and services
- Enforce branding and style policies for print, web, e-communications to ensure consistency across all assets
- Set up, send, and track e-communications (RealMagnet and PatronMail)
- Write copy for ads, website, e-communications
- Maintain marketing calendars/schedules
- Help oversee outside designers/printers on various projects
- Edit and format any/all external documents, agendas, etc
- Produce awards booklet for Conference
- Manage League stationery printing and inventory
- Serve as a liaison for League members
- Work collaboratively with members of all departments
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Bachelor’s degree, with one to three years of applicable experience, ideally including copywriting and editing. Strong Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ideal Candidate must possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; meet tight deadlines; pay vigorous attention to details, while remaining calm in a fast paced environment.
To apply, please submit an application including a resume and cover letter to
The League of American Orchestras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.